Snapchat Geofilters: Big marketing from little videos
What was originally thought by the general public to be a platform for young adults to share inappropriate photos and videos, Snapchat has now evolved into a major player in the world of social media, news and marketing. For those of you that might live under a rock and aren’t familiar with Snapchat here’s how Snapchat describes itself:
One of the most unique features of Snapchat is that the photos and videos you Snap are purposefully short-lived. Most of the time, only to be viewed once. Snapchat has seen rapid growth in the last few years and although its general demographic does skew towards the younger crowd, Snapchatters of all ages are now getting involved.
Here are some interesting details about Snapchat demographics from Mediakix:
- There are around 57 million Snapchat users in America
- 60% of Americans between 13 and 34 are Snapchatters
- The numbers of users ages 25+ is growing 2x faster than users under 25
- 50% of Snapchat users are on it every day
As a Marketing Agency we always look for creative ways to market for our clients. One of our favorite features of Snapchat for businesses is the Geofilter. According to Snapchat, Geofilters are “special overlays that communicate the 'where and when' of a Snap in a fun way."
So what are the benefits of Geofilters for businesses?
1. Brand Awareness: Since Geofilters can be fully customized for your business it is a great way to build brand awareness. You can use your brand colors and logo or really go outside the box and use your design to express your company culture.
2. Product/Service Promotion: Custom filters can be created for the launch of a new or existing product or service. Making your content on these products or services more dynamic and interesting for your followers.
3. Special Events: Perhaps the best use for Geofilters is special events. Creating Geofilters for special events will enrich the guest experience and allow guests to share the event in real time. This can increase brand/event visibility in a unique and effective way.
Are you interested in a custom Geofilter for your business or event? We’d be happy to help, drop us a line at Thin Pig Media!